Dr. Davidson leads research exploring the etiology, course and treatment of depressive symptoms in patients with acute coronary syndromes.
Dr. Davidson's program of research focuses on behavioral and psychosocial mechanisms and interventions for patients with cardiovascular disease. She has conducted randomized controlled trials of anger management and depression treatment for both hypertensive and post-myocardial infarction patients. She is also testing a telephone-based problem solving treatment to improve compliance with medical recommendations in cardiovascular disease patients.
1. Davidson KW, Rieckmann N, Clemow L, Schwartz JE, Shimbo D, Medina V, Albanese G, Kronish IM, Hegel M, Burg MM. (2010) Enhanced depression care for Acute Coronary Syndrome patients with persistent depressive symptoms. Coronary Psychosocial Evaluation Studies (COPES) randomized controlled trial. Arch Int Med.
2. Davidson KW, Burg MM, Kronish IM, Shimbo D, Dettenborn L, Mehran R, Vorchheimer D, Clemow L, Schwartz JE, Lespérance F, Rieckmann N. (2010) Anhedonia predicts major adverse cardiac events and mortality in patients 1 year after acute coronary syndrome. Arch Gen Psychiatry.
3. Zafar MU, Paz-Yepes M, Shimbo D, Vilahur G, Burg M, Chaplin W, Fuster V, Davidson KW, & Badimon JJ. (2010) Anxiety is a better predictor of platelet reactivity in coronary artery disease patients than depression. Eur Heart J.
4. Davidson KW, & Mostofsky E. (2010) Anger expression and risk of coronary heart disease: Evidence from the Nova Scotia Health Survey. Am Heart J.
5. Davidson KW, Mostofsky E, & Whang W. (2010) Don’t worry, be happy: Positive affect and reduced 10-year incident coronary heart disease: The Canadian Nova Scotia Health Survey. Eur Heart J
6. Kronish IM, Rieckmann N, Shimbo D, Burg M, & Davidson KW. (2010) Aspirin adherence, aspirin dosage, and C-Reactive Protein in the first 3 months after acute coronary syndrome. Am J of Cardiol
7. Rapp MA, Rieckmann N, Lessman DA, Tang CY, Paulino R, Burg MM & Davidson KW. (2010) Persistent depressive symptoms after Acute Coronary Syndrome are associated with compromised white matter integrity in the anterior cingulate: A pilot study. Psychother Psychosom
8. Eagle KA, Ginsburg GS, Musunuru K, Aird WC, Balaban RS, Bennett SK, Blumenthal RS, Coughlin SR, Davidson KW, Frohlich ED, Greenland P, Jarvik GP, Libby P, Pepine CJ, Ruskin JN, Stillman AE, Van Eyk JE, Tolunay HE, McDonald CL, Smith SC, Jr. (2010) Identifying patients at high risk of a cardiovascular event in the near future: current status and future directions: report of a national heart, lung, and blood institute working group. Circulation
9. Whang W, Shimbo D, Kronish IM, Duvall WL, Julien H, Iyer P, Burg MM, & Davidson KW. (2010) Depressive symptoms and all-cause mortality in unstable angina pectoris (from the coronary psychosocial evaluation studies [COPES]). Am J Cardiol
10. The Emerging Risk Factors Collaboration. (2010) C-reactive protein concentration and the risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and mortality: Collaborative analysis of data on 160,309 participants from 54 cohorts. Lancet.